Wednesday 30 March 2016

babymoon: Manchester

With 13 weeks to go until our baby's due date, the husband and I headed off for a mini babymoon at the weekend. We decided to have a final frivolous night away before the mayhem hits! As well as taking advantage of the long weekend.

We had a few criteria: it needed to be fairly close to home, fairly cheap and somewhere we knew we would enjoy. We hit upon Manchester. I hadn't been to Manchester until about 18 months and immediately loved it.

I did some research on hotels and their amenities and their prices. With only a few days until we wanted to go, nowhere was a bargain as such. But we did find that a hotel I'd been wanting to stay at for a while was almost the same price as some of the more bargain chains. So we booked four star hotel, The Midland.


Opened in September 1903, The Midland was built by the Midland Railway to serve Manchester Central railway station, its northern terminus for its rail services to London St. Pancras.

The hotel boasts The Spa at The Midland which offers treatments, a steam room, relaxation area, pool and much more. We made use of the pool on Monday morning before we checked out - I particularly liked the rainfall showers in the changing rooms!

We spent our 24 hours mainly chilling out and eating. I feel like a very bad blogger as I took nearly no photos the whole time we were away! Only the one above of the hotel and this one of my virgin cocktail on Sunday night in The Botanist.


What can I say? We were clearly too busy enjoying ourselves! But I am slightly annoyed that I didn't get a photo of my Sunday night outfit as I made quite an effort to dress up - even doning a black body con dress! Oh well.

After cocktails (served alongside honey and mustard sausages!!), we had a long and rather decadent dinner at Jamie's Italian before retiring.

On Monday we spent the morning at The Spa before hitting town for a spot of shopping before our babymoon was over and we were on our way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment