I can’t comment on anyone else’s bundle of joy but my bundle seems to delight in putting off nap time for as long as possible. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say this is what was going through his head at nap time….
- Feeling pretty tired now. It’s been at least two hours since I got mummy up. After I’d woken her up at least every hour in the night. I don’t want her to get lonely in the night.
- I’ll maybe give my eyes a rub. And yawn a bit. Might whinge a little too. Just so that mummy gets the idea that I’m tired.
- But what’s this? She’s putting me in my cot? For a nap? Oh no. That’s not what’s happening mummy!
- Well I might as well lie here for a few minutes. Let her think that I’m ready to go to sleep. In my cot. On my own. For the first time ever.
- But no. She’s been gone just long enough to be sitting down with a hot drink now. Well more fool her. I’ll cry and she’ll come.
- But wait, she did come but only to give me a kiss and a pat and to go again.
- Well two can play this game. I can cry all day if I need to.
- [some time later…] Yep she’s giving up. I can tell. I’m winning here.
- Right, we’re out of the cot and back down with mummy. Result.