Wednesday 8 June 2016

pregnancy post: the final countdown


On Monday I was officially full term - 37 weeks. It feels quite momentous to get to this point. But now the waiting really begins.

I finish work today. This makes me happy because the recent warm weather has left me struggling to cope with 8+ hours in the office. And sitting at a desk for long stretches has also left my lower back in pain too. But I'm also apprehensive about how I'll spend my time between now and when the baby arrives.

I'm not very good when it comes to surprises and not knowing. So the concept of waiting for the baby to arrive when it's ready is quite difficult for me to get my head around. It really could arrive anytime now, in the next five weeks!

I am determined not to sit around the house, waiting for labour. But at the same time, I'm tired and uncomfortable. Anyone got any tips for keeping busy without exhausting myself while on maternity leave?

No comments:

Post a Comment