Wednesday 24 February 2016

beauty: moisturise, moisturise, moisturise

My skin - up until about five and a half months ago - was always fairly "normal". Never too oily or too dry. I didn't often need to use a moisturiser - although I did at night. Ever since being pregnant, my skin has become soooo dry. On my face, on my legs, on my arms - everywhere. Nowhere has been safe from the dryness.

This, combined with the fear of stretch marks, has meant a whole overhaul of my skincare routine. No longer can I remove my make-up and maybe remember to put some moisturiser on my face before falling into bed, or get up in the morning, have a shower and get dressed. I've had to make time for a whole lot of moisturising.

Over on my style and beauty blog, I blogged about the Boots No7 Early Defence collection a while ago. This is still the best moisturiser I've tried yet. I particularly love the night cream but now, the day cream works well too. I can't skip day cream under my make-up anymore otherwise it cakes like never before.

moisturise

For the rest of me, I'm currently loving the Norwegian Formula Visibly Renew Elasti-Boost Body Lotion. First of all, the pump action dispenser saves time and second, the formula is light and absorbs quickly - so important for getting dressed quickly in the morning.

I'm using this on my bump too in the mornings but for the evenings I've been slathering on Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion For Stretch Marks. Like the original Cocoa Butter, this lotion is thick and highly scented. It feels luxurious but is a bit much for all day - for me.

*Disclosure: I was sent the No7 Early Defence creams and Norwegian Formula lotion to try out. All views on these are my own - in fact, I have re-bought both since running out!

No comments:

Post a Comment