Wednesday 21 February 2018

style: maternity wear


As I enter the final stages of my second pregnancy, I thought I'd reflect on my favourite pieces of maternity wear. Unfortunately I managed to be heavily pregnant during a completely different season for my second pregnancy to my first. First time round it was the height of summer and I lived in flip flops and maxi dresses. This time round, it's winter - and a cold one to boot. So I've had to be a bit more imaginative. Dresses are still a godsend when you reach the third trimester and you're huge and uncomfortable. This Next dress has been my absolute favourite this time round.



It's loose and flowy and not too far off my usually style. The buttons mean that it will be useful in the early weeks after the baby arrives too, as I'll be able to breastfeed in it. That said, I have just bought it in the non-maternity version - on sale for just £9! (You can find it here - search "drop waist dress" in womenswear - as well as another print in non-maternity.)


If you're pregnant too and fancy trying this dress, it's currently only £14 in the sale at Next - you can find it here (search "printed long sleeve dress in maternity).

No comments:

Post a Comment