The passing of time got me thinking about a few things that I know to be true about having a newborn:
- A new born (and an older baby) knows when you're about to eat and are suddenly hungry too.
- The doorbell will always ring just as you get the baby to sleep.
- They will be happy and content until you step into the shower or sit on the toilet and then suddenly they become a crying and screaming mess.
- Yellow poo gets everywhere. Up the back. Up the front. All over you. Just as you're sitting with your bubba, both of you chilling out, you suddenly feel a rumbling and look down and see yellow poo all over them and you!
- And on that note, you'll become obsessed with poo. You'll talk about poo to anyone who listens - the colour, the consistency, the regularity. You'll share photos of your baby's poo with your partner. You'll worry about how often your baby has a poo, what it looks like - everything. In essence, your life will become all about your baby's poo!